Re: Request for suggestions of DFSG-free documentation licences

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> The GPL also requires that any derivative work that one distributes
> must be licensed under the GPL terms. This is incompatible with
> taking part of a work under a different license and combining it
> with the GPL work to distribute.

This is true only, of course, if the other license prevents changing
the license of the whole work to GPL. This is the case for FDL, which
is the "other license" in question in this thread.

--
 \      "'Did you sleep well?' 'No, I made a couple of mistakes.'"  -- |
  `\                                                     Steven Wright |