Re: New Ion3 licence

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:22:43 +0100 Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
> [...]
> > He's now proposing to stick with LGPL but to use a restrictive
> > trademark licence[1].  I think this puts us in pretty much the same
> > position as with Firefox/Iceweasel, as I expected[2].  (However, there
> > is already an icewm, so I can't take quite the same approach. :-))
>
> Do you need a somewhat ice related name to replace "ion3"?
> What about "hydroxonium3"?

Or you could just go literal, and use aluminum (or similar) which
forms a 3+ ion in solution, and isn't the name of a package currently
in Debian. [Iron (well, ferrum) would also work for the same reason,
but that may be confusingly similar.]

Don Armstrong

--
In all matters of government, the correct answer is usually: "Do
nothing"