Re: Could you please forward this proposed license to Teosto? (was: Re: Choosing a license for Frets on Fire songs)

El jueves, 26 de abril de 2007 a las 16:25:40 -0400, Jason Spiro escribía:

 I have dropped Tommi, Sami and Joonas from the Cc because I don't think
they want to be bothered too much with this kind of things, and only care
about the results. Feel free to correct me if that isn't the case.

> * Persons distributing the Work to the general public may only do so
> if the Work is distributed and/or bundled with game software.

 If the songs must be "distributed and/or bundled" with the game, then it is
not allowed to distribute the game in "main" and the songs in "non-free". In
fact, one could say they cannot even be in different packages.

 If I were to draft such a license, I'd allow unlimited distribution, allow
to change the storage format and/or medium of the songs but only allow use,
public performance, etc., in games.

 Also, I'd suggest not making a non-free license look similar to a free
license :-)

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/