Re: question about gpl-commercial dual licencing

El sábado, 21 de abril de 2007 a las 15:10:31 +0530, Shriramana Sharma escribía:

> Say someone creates a library libfoo in the C language. The library is
> dual-licenced -- under the GPL and under a commercial licence. GPL is
> Now I create Python binding to that library - pyfoo. Now I would like to
> dual-licence it myself, under the same terms -- GPL and a commercial
> Now to get the right of dual-licensing, do I have to obtain a commercial
> licence from the author of libfoo?
> If yes, why? If no, why not? Please elucidate. Thanks.

 Basically, if a customer of yours wanted to use pyfoo to create a Python
application using libfoo which is distributed under terms other than the
GPL, that customer of yours would need both a license from you and a license
from the author of libfoo.

 Now, you could enter an agreement with the libfoo author so that you can
sell directly pyfoo+libfoo licenses...

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/