Re: Hinner EDV: Correct Logo Usage?

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
> Sorry, I fail to see how you can do this without losing your
> credibility.  The MIT license specifically gives one permission "to
> deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
> the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish" etc.

The objection is not to the dealing in the logo (covered by copyright),
but in trading on the logo (covered by trade marks law).

If there is robust legal opinion that one cannot permit copying while
restricting trademark use, please post it.  In several years, I've not
seen anything substantial.  Moreover, I thought Sun's Java mascot was
heading in a similar direction.  https://duke.dev.java.net/

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef