Re: Python Software Foundation trademark policy

On 12/21/06 08:18, Gervase Markham wrote:

> I admit this is a bit stretched, but I find it hard to understand how we
> come to a position where Debian can label anything it likes with any
> trademarks it likes in its distribution, as long as it doesn't write the
> trademarks on the outside of the CD.

If that's what someone was arguing then that's crazy.

This python license change is notable. Things like this are going to
happen more and more I suspect.

It might be nice to drop a nice email to the python guys asking them
what people that sell/distribute debian CD's are supposed to do. Maybe
they python guys can clarify what they intend a little bit more.

Jeff