Re: The legality of wodim

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 03:41:21PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:32:01 +0100, Oliver Vivell <oliver@vivell.info>
> wrote:
> >And if you use terms, please translate them into english, that everybody
> >understands them, so don't use "Urheberrecht" but the english term
> >"Intellectual property rights".

> I have to defend Jörg here. Urheberrecht is a German legal term which
> has a lot of implicit meaning, and since cdrecord was written in
> Germany, Jörg is entitled to the rights written in there.

Hrm, this doesn't follow automatically.  I'm aware of international treaties
covering reciprocation of *copyrights*, but none that would mean
Urheberrecht has force outside of Germany regardless of where the work was
written.  Do you have a reference for this?

For all I know he does have a legitimate claim under German law that cdrkit
infringes his Urheberrecht, but cdrkit is not a German product per se.