Re: The legality of wodim

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> Le vendredi 09 novembre 2007 à 21:28 +0100, Joerg Schilling a écrit :
> > ....there is a problem in wodim.
> >
> > The GPL and the Urheberrecht both forbid to publish modified versions that
> > harm the reputation of the Author.
>
> There is nothing like that in the GPL. It only forbids misrepresentation
> of the Author's work.

You seem to missinterpret the GPL.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
GPL:

If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we
want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so
that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the original
authors' reputations.

A common misconception is to disregard that the GPL does _not_ void the
Urheberrecht (http://bundesrecht.juris.de/urhg/index.html). Anything that
is permitten in the GPL is permitten only in a Urheberrecht context.
Urheberrecht allows the Author to forbid publishing of a work if this is made
in a way that harms the reputation of the author.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)