Re: is the "lucent public license" DFSG-free?

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 04:52:46PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Patent retaliation clause, applicable to patents unrelated to the
> > software. IIRC this was already declared non-free.
>
> Comments from other on this? /me hoping your memory is faulty :)

It's utterly DFSG-busting, contaminating other software.

However, if no patents are being granted, it's also utterly irrelevant,
so need not stop software getting into debian.

This is an example of why to examine *software* not just licences.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef