Re: GPL V2 and GPLv3

Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Sure, the code is fine with older Emacs.  We simply shouldn't install it
> and set it up for GPL v3 versions of Emacs.

*If* there is a violation (and I'm still not convinced), this isn't a
solution, at least not for Debian.

The GPL is all about distribution and modification, not use.  If we get
to the point where a user can do "aptitude install emacs-gplv3
some-elisp-gplv2", we may be in violation no matter what the packages do
on the user's system during installation, because the act of
distribution will have already taken place.