DFSG conform OSI licenses

Dear all,

the recent discussion about 'Firebird being in main' caused even more
confusion on my side, as the sites [1], [2] (which I consider the
debian-official statement wrt. which license is DFSG compliant) do not
list the MPL as a DFSG conform license but as DFSG-incompatible [1].
Also the conclusion drawn in [3] and [4] seem to contradict.

More generally, as I understand the ten items that lead to the OSI open
source definition [5] are based on the DFSG. Now I wonder which extra
requirements the DFSG (suddenly?) include such that certain open source
projects choosing a particular OSI license cannot enter debian main.

On the other hand I am quite unhappy that more and more conflicting open
source licenses seem to appear making code exchange problematic :-(

Anyway I am asking as I wanted to package COIN-OR
( http://www.coin-or.org/ ) and as most of the packages are CPL licensed
and the CPL is listed as 'status unsettled' in [1] and now suddenly the
MPL seems OK [4] I am hoping the the CPL and all other OSI based
licenses are too.

Soeren

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses
[2] http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/06/msg00221.html
[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/07/msg00215.html
[5] http://opensource.org/docs/osd

--
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.