Re: Final text of GPL v3

In message <[🔎] 468A24E5.7060709@mozilla.org>, Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> writes
Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
And as I see it, if I say "My program is licenced under GPLv3 with the following exceptions ...", if the user ignores the exception, they have broken the terms I set for them to use the program, and the GPL doesn't apply, so they can't take advantage of the clause allowing them to remove the exception ...

This seems to suggest that the terms that you wrote explicitly have some special trumping value over the terms in the text of the GPL itself. I don't think that's true.

My terms are what I wrote in the COPYING file, not what RMS et al wrote in the GPL file. If you don't abide by the contents of COPYING, you don't have a licence from me...

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk