Re: Final text of GPL v3

Ben Finney wrote:
No. This is no more true than to say that, because the GPL, BSD, and
Artistic licenses accompany software in Debian, that those licenses
apply to all of that software.

The only thing you've clearly done is distribute a license text and a
CD. The license text doesn't apply as the terms for the software on
the CD unless and until the copyright holder explicitly declares so in
a grant of license unabiguously on that particular software.

Yes, OK. Extend the thought experiment with a verbal statement from me "Here is some software, and the licensing terms which apply." at the time of handover. If you think that's repudiatable, we can posit a video of the handover, or a digitally signed WAV recording of me saying it.

Gerv