Launch of GNU GPLv3

FYI: The FSF will release the GNU GPL version 3 this Friday. See:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2007-06/msg00013.html

Before anybody submits a bug report against base-files: Is there an
official statement from Debian about the DFSG-free status of GPLv3?

I would like to put it in common-licenses as soon as it is useful to
do so, but policy says:

   Packages distributed under the UCB BSD license, the Artistic license,
   the GNU GPL, and the GNU LGPL, should refer to the corresponding files
   under /usr/share/common-licenses,[82] rather than quoting them in the
   copyright file.

Am I right to think that policy refers to version 2 of the GPL, as such
paragraph was written before GPLv3?

Thanks.