Knowledgetree Public License [KPL] v1.1.1

Hello -legal,

I recently came across Knowledgetree which is a web-based document
management system.  There is a (very old) version of it currently in
Debian that is licensed under the GPL2.  However, it seems that newer
versions are licensed under what they call the KPL [ see
http://www.knowledgetree.com/KPL/KPL_License ] which is a derivative of
the MPL.

Of particular interest is the new Exhibit/Appendix B:

> KnowledgeTree Public License 1.1.1 - Exihibit B
>
> Additional Terms applicable to the KnowledgeTree Public License.
>
> I. Effect.
> These additional terms described in this KnowledgeTree Public License –
> Additional Terms shall apply to the Covered Code under this License.
>
> II. KnowledgeTree and logo.
> This License does not grant any rights to use the trademarks
> "KnowledgeTree" and the "KnowledgeTree" logos even if such marks are
> included in the Original Code or Modifications.
>
> However, in addition to the other notice obligations, all copies of the
> Covered Code in Executable and Source Code form distributed must, as a
> form of attribution of the original author, include on each user
> interface screen (i) the "KnowledgeTree Document Management Made Simple"
> logo and (ii) the copyright notice in the same form as the latest
> version of the Covered Code distributed by The Jam Warehouse Software
> (Pty) Ltd. at the time of distribution of such copy. In addition, the
> "KnowledgeTree Document Management Made Simple" logo must be visible to
> all users and be located at the top right-hand corner of each user
> interface screen, other than the user log-in page, on which it must be
> located at the top-center of the user log-in form. Notwithstanding the
> above, the dimensions of the "KnowledgeTree Document Management Made
> Simple" logo must be at least 200 x 40 pixels. When users click on the
> "KnowledgeTree Document Management Made Simple" logo it must direct them
> back to http://www.knowledgetree.com. In addition, the copyright notice
> must remain visible to all users at all times at the bottom of the user
> interface screen. When users click on the copyright notice, it must
> direct them back to http://www.knowledgetree.com

This reads to my inexperienced eye as a particularly heavy-handed form
of the good old BSD advertising clause, which irrespective of anything
else would send this straight to non-free.

I would like to approach upstream about modifying the licensing in
accordance with the DFSG.  Not being very familiar with the MPL, aside
from this clause, what else do I need to address with them?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--Joe

PS - Please cc me as I do not subscribe to -legal