Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

In message <[🔎] 20070604080423.GA2236@dario.dodds.net>, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes
On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 09:33:12PM +0100, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
I'm in the UK, and if I wasn't but the choice of venue specified
"England and Wales", I'd probably have a very nice holiday at the
copyright holder's expense :-)

Look at SCOG and how they got dealt with in Germany ...

What license did SCOG have that specified Germany as a choice of venue?

They didn't.

But they made loads of noise about how linux infringed their copyrights. One complaint to a court by an infuriated linux developer, and one injunction and fine later, they shut up shop.

I think that took less than six months. Look at where we are now in the US - four or five years later and still going strong ...

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk