Re: Request for suggestions of DFSG-free documentation licences

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
> I have yet to see a practical example of a situation that actually
> happened that justifies Debian's concerns against the GFDL.

The practical example is the fact that we cannot make extracts of
GFDLed documentation even for manpages without including the text of
the GFDL and any invariant sections from the manual.

This in itself is why we do not have GFDLed manpages.

Don Armstrong

--
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
 -- Robert Heinlein