Re: Request for suggestions of DFSG-free documentation licences

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 07:16:30PM -0500, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
> Kinda, but not really. It seems that Debian's objections against the
> GFDL are highly academic and unlikely to arise in practice. I mean,
> how many of those objections have actually worked against Wikipedia,
> the largest collection of "software" (as Debian calls it) under the
> GFDL?

Except, the main block, the only one which cannot be ignored with optimistic
interpretation, has been specifically excluded from Wikipedia.

Please read the part about invariant sections on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights -- in a quite convoluted
way they say "you may add invariant sections and cover text only if they're
neither invariant when it's technically possible to change them, nor
unremovable, nor placed on cover of any kind".  Ie, you can't have them.

>                       THE DEBIAN / GFDL FIASCO
>         A most lamentable tragedie of Incompatible Philosophies
>                             in three ackts

Please.  If that's not mindless flamebait, I don't know what is.
And s/ackts/acts/g.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be