Re: non-free license review + question for ftp-master

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> writes:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:16:11 +1100 Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > All disputes relating to this Agreement are subject to the
> > exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Essen, Germany and you
> > expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the
> > courts of Essen, Germany in connection with any such dispute.
>
> One thing that was not yet pointed out is that this license, besides
> the other issues, also has a choice of venue clause.  This means
> that even distributing it in non-free could be seen as a bad idea...

I know that many consider choice-of-venue clauses to make a work
non-free. I'm not aware of any arguments that mean we can't even
distribute such a work in non-free (i.e. not distribute the work at
all).

--
 \      "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything |
  `\                                         you know."  -- Sassan Tat |