Releasing a software implementation of a board game as Free Software

[Please CC replies to cactus@cactus.rulez.org]

Hi,

I have no idea where I could get questions like this answered, so I thought Debian-Legal would be a good place. I'm a European software developer and I'd like to release a GNOME software implementation of a commercial board game. The game in question is Gobblet (http://www.blueorangegames.com/gobblet.php). Can I release the game as Free Software (if I don't use the trademark Gobblet anywhere in its description)?

Thanks for your help,
	Gergo Erdi

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what