Re: Creative Commons 3.0 Public draft -- news and questions

On Mon, 2006-14-08 at 21:28 +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:

> I understand your point: you have already expressed your standpoint
> repeatedly with CC folks, but they decided to listen to other parties
> and removed the parallel distribution proviso.  At least, I imagine you
> have done so...

Yes, both as my own opinion and on behalf of Debian. However, apparently
there's been some firm resistance.

> Now you think that maybe other people talking about the issue could help
> more than the n-th reiteration from you, right?

Exactly. Also, other people will probably also have fresher arguments
and a better perspective than I do.

> In any case, consider pointing cc-licenses subscribers to single
> debian-legal messages and/or threads that you think express our concerns
> well...

A good idea, but people usually reply better to conversations going on
around them.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name>