Re: MySQL licensing issues again :) This time with yaSSL.

* Steve Langasek:

>> The mentioned "FLOSS" exception allowes the MySQL library which was
>> put unter GPL and not LGPL to be linked with various free software
>> licences.
>
> The license used for MySQL is GPL + exceptions, not GPL with
> modifications.  It is always GPL-compatible to grant additional
> permissions.

However, if the GPLed yaSSL library is linked in, MySQL may not be in
the position to grant these exceptions for the combined work.
Obviously, we can't tell for sure because MySQL could have obtained a
more permissive license.