Re: new tool - searching for example

Csillag Kristóf wrote:
Hi there!

As my master's thesis, I am developing a new Argument Mapping tool.
Cool. Will it become free software?
An ideal thread for my example would look like this:
  - Revolts around one (or very few) basic decisions
I assume you mean 'revolves', not 'revolts' here.
  - Contains a lots of (intelligent) arguments and opinions.
  - Hard to overview if one reads the thread in a linear fashion
  - But still, if it's sorted out in a sensible manner, some
    kind of decision is possible, or at least we can see the Truth
    better then before.

Also, I would like to choose a thread which is interesting (for the
community on the list), and that you would like to see summarized via
Argument Mapping. (You can also suggest a current thread, too; I am
happy to help you with the current decisions.)
Well, if you want something big, the MANY posts on the GFDL will no doubt cause your tool to run out of memory and crash :-D Though, you do get to compare your results vs. Manoj's draft position statement.

Another thing that'd be neat, though I'm not sure where it is in the archive, is to have a summary of the arguments that led to the various desert island, dissident, etc. tests.

(Wow. We've come a long way since http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2001/11/msg00096.html)

/me notices his first message to -legal in Jan. 2002. Damn, its been a long time....