Re: MPL and Source Code

El lunes,  3 de abril de 2006 a las 13:02:58 +1000, Craig Southeren escribía:

> If Debian is not ensuring that all source code for it's distribution is
> publically available via it's archives, then I agree that this is not
> only a problem for Debian, but it is definitaly a problem for downstream
> repackagers who rely on this.

 Debian does not ensure that it will have source code for any given package
one year after its initial release. For example, if package foo 3.17, which
is only in unstable, is replaced by package foo 3.18, the source code for
3.17 is deleted immediately. If foo were distributed under the terms of the
MPL, Debian would have to keep the source code for any version released less
than one year ago, and Debian's not willing to do it.

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/