Re: Geogratis licence review

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:58:34 +0000 Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > [please CC me on replies as I am not on the debian-legal list]
>
> Done!
>[..] 4. The Licensee shall license all persons or parties who
>        obtain Data or Derivative Products from the Licensee the
>        right to use the Data or Derivative Products by way of a
>        license agreement, and that agreement shall impose upon
>        these persons or parties the same terms and conditions
>        as those contained in section 4.0 of this Agreement.
>     5. 4.4 The Licensee's liability to indemnify Canada under

I didn't spot any obvious DFSG-busters.  The above 4. looks like a
partial copyleft.  That and the ad-clause 3.0 may make it GPL-
incompatible in some situations, but not the mere aggregation that
I think is happening for mapnik.

As 5. 4.4 demonstrates, the numbering is generally strange.  It
might be worth questioning those and making them aware of the DFSG
as a part of that, but it seems OK without it.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef