Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

* Michael Poole:

>> That having been said, I am inclined to agree that this presents a very murky
>> issue made complicated by the debian packaging system.  If 'apt-get install
>> firefox' is functionally equivalent to 'apt-get install iceweasel' then you
>> likely have either plan old "consumer confusion" or "initial consumer
>> confusion."  Both are bad.
>
> When and in what particulars do you propose this confusion would
> occur?  Neither the desktop icon (as the most promiment entry point)
> nor the package (in data or metadata) leave much room for confusion.

During an update, a Firefox page appears.  Another is displayed if you
disable the search bar and press Ctrl+K.  I don't know if this is a
problem.

We also continue to use Google's and Mozilla's web services in the
background.  If I were them, I wouldn't grant permission to use to
rebranded products, but that's probably just me. 8-P