Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

El martes,  5 de diciembre de 2006 a las 13:57:48 -0800, Jeff Carr escribía:

> I notice that recently you have complied with Mozilla's request to not
> use their trademarks for your browser packages. However, you can't
> also use their trademark to switch users to a competing product.
> ("bait-and-switch") The same trademark issues are why there is not a
> package called openoffice. It must be called openoffice.org.

 AFAIK, the "firefox" package is there to allow the Debian upgrade tools to
install a new version of iceweasel in place of an old version of firefox. If
it didn't exist, the old version of firefox would have been kept or removed
and no new version of iceweasel would have been installed.

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/