Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 19:24, Michael Poole wrote:
> In this case, I am willing to assume reasonable behavior because
> upstream is a known quantity and the time window is limited.  When
> analyzing an arbitrary license, I assume that any villain might
> contribute code to, or buy rights to code in, Debian.  However, the
> Mozilla Foundation seems unlikely to sell the mark or become evil
> before the following Debian release comes out and removes the
> "firefox" transitional package.

Well, I think with Mr. Armstrong's decision to bow out of this thread and the
statement above, this is as good a time as any to let this one go.  It will
be interesting to see what, if anything, the Mozilla Foundation people say if
the transitional package and the symlink in iceweasel are ever brought to
their attention.

-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
e: skellogg@u.washington.edu

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown