Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 18:47, Ben Finney wrote:
> Sean Kellogg <skellogg@u.washington.edu> writes:
> > On Wednesday 06 December 2006 14:30, Michael Poole wrote:
> > > Apparently law instead requires us to assume users are in fact
> > > morons in a hurry.  What a sad state of affairs.
> >
> > Yes, that's exactly what the law requires.
>
> IANAL. I will merely draw to your attention that, as far as I can
> tell, the consistent usage of the phrase "a moron in a hurry" in
> trademark history has been to describe the level of confusion which
> trademarks should *not* protect.

Fair enough.  But there is a great deal of room between "Debian FTP Master"
and "Moron in a Hurry" that is being glossed over here.  In my own Linux
Users Group there has been a lot of confusion over what is, and is not,
Iceweasel and the why behind the change.  I consider none of them to be
morons or in much of a hurry.

--
Sean Kellogg
e: skellogg@u.washington.edu

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown