Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

* Arnoud Engelfriet (arnoud@engelfriet.net) [061206 16:26]:
> What I don't understand is why a package for the Iceweasel software
> would carry the name firefox.

It doesn't do that. All what we do is saying people who had previously
installed firefox that we rather recommend them now to use iceweasel.
That is a normal thing to do if a package changed name. The same happens
with people who used to use kernel-image-* - these packages are renamed
to linux-image-* now.

Anyways, I think this is a theoretical discussion and can be stopped. If
the mozilla foundation wants us to stop providing such hints for the
firefox users, they should ask us (though that would make upgrades for
our users more difficult). Otherwise, this discussion is just a waste of
time.

Cheers,
Andi
--