Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> I cannot produce a car identical to a Ford Focus and then say "well,
> it's a Ford Focus because the feature set is identical."

This is a totally useless analogy. In this example there is no
functional meaning in the name of the vehicle, whereas there clearly
is a functional meaning in the case of a Debian package.

After the need for a transition package has passed, no longer having a
transition package which causes iceweasel to be installed is
appropriate.

To place this analogy into a proper perspective, what really is the
case is akin to having someone comming onto the car lot, saying that
they want a Ford Focus, and pointing them at a Peugeot 307 because
this isn't a Ford dealer.

Don Armstrong