Re: Is the University of Edinburgh clickwrap GPL DFSG-free?

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@debian.org> writes:

> Don Armstrong wrote:
> > This may be what he's asking, but if so, it's the wrong question.
>
> Just to make it clear.  The questions I am interested in are:
>
> 1) Does this license allow me to treat the package as licensed under
> the plain GPL in terms of what I am allowed to do?
>
> 1b) If I were to package this software, would the package be under
> the GPL?

These are important questions.

> 2) Is the license DFSG-free?

This is the wrong question. The right question would be: "Is this
work, if distributed as part of Debian, DFSG-free?"

A particular license is only one of the factors that can affect the
freeness of a work included in Debian.

--
 \        "I went to court for a parking ticket; I pleaded insanity. I |
  `\   said 'Your Honour, who in their right mind parks in the passing |