Re: License review request

On 10/1/06, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
What jurisdictions are these?  The only anecdotal explanation I've ever
heard for capsturbation in warranty disclaimers, at least in the US, is that
someone did it once and lawyers live in a monkey-see, monkey-do universe.

I believe someone pointed out some statute or court case in Maryland
or somewhere on d-l around the end of last year (I think it may have
been Alexander Terekhov complaining about the lowercase disclaimer in
GPLv3) that said that it was required.

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com