Re: [Debburn-devel] License of cdrkit - GPLv2 + additional restrictions

Le vendredi 15 septembre 2006 à 23:51 +0200, Francesco Poli a écrit :
> > Because the hard problems that you pointed out have been fixed. We do
> > no longer return "schily" author ID, etc.
>
> You no longer return "schily", but it seems that noone is allowed to
> create a modified version of cdrkit that returns "schily" again or that
> returns a SCG_AUTHOR string identical to yours.
> This is a non-free restriction that is not present in the GNU GPL v2.

Jörg Schilling interprets this restriction as implied by trademark law
in his country. Replacing the text by a 'this software cannot return
"schily" because it would infringe on Jörg Schilling's trademark' notice
- or no notice at all - would seem like a fine solution.

After all, it isn't allowed to display "(c) Microsoft corp." in a GPL
program, but it doesn't cause any issue with the GPL.