Re: License of examples in glibc info docs

Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org>
> I'm trying to find out whether I can use code from the glibc info
> documentation in a GPLed project (I'm trying to make a feature fix for
> xvnc4viewer). I can't seem to find any information about this either in
> the documentation itself, or in the archives of glibc-bugs or
> debian-legal, or Google Groups.

Copyright is held by the FSF and libc6.info is under the FDL, as far as
I can see from /usr/share/doc/libc6-dev/copyright here.  FSF's own advice
in the FDL Addendum is
    If your document contains nontrivial examples of program code, we
    recommend releasing these examples in parallel under your choice
    of free software license, such as the GNU General Public License,
    to permit their use in free software.

If they have not done so clearly, ask licensing@fsf.org to check, and
correct if necessary.  It doesn't look like there'll be a problem.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef