Re: Sun Java available from non-free

Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org>
> debian-legal, OTOH, claims that not only is the stock MIT/X11 licence
> 'non-free', but 'it is impractical to work with such software'.

I don't believe that those claims are consensual on debian-legal.  The
MIT/X11 licence is frequently recommended by participants, including me.
It's short, flexible and relatively clear for a licence.

Please give sources for quotes.  The archive search did not find
that second phrase *anywhere* on debian-legal.

About the policy comment, I refer to my reply to Wouter Verhelst a
few minutes ago.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef