Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 07:44:54PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 06:13:27AM -0500, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > As for the relevance of Sun position on Debian developers, there simply
> > is none.
>
> The issue at question is whether Sun has given adequate permission for
> Debian to include java in non-free -- Sun's position on that isn't just
> relevant, it's the entire question.

The actual issues raised were about obligation and liabilities incurred
by Debian much more than whether we have permission to include it.
(The purpose of the license is to trade the permission with obligation
and liabilities).

I don't see Sun having a position on the amount of obligation and
liability Debian should accept and how such position would be relevant
to Debian policy.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>