Re: DFSG-freeness of the "CID Font Code Public Licence"

On 6/5/06, George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:
> U.S. export laws aren't applicable anywhere else. It says including as
> part of applicable, I don't see it as non-free.

There are jurisdictions (either being exotic or not) which respect others
jurisdictions laws by means of mutual agreements or any other form(s) and
this could be easily enforced when texts in plain words occur like: "U.S.
export and import control laws are axiomatically part of the laws one has to
respect".

But it doesn't say that - it says applicable laws, if that includes US
export laws then there's nothing you can do about it because it would
apply to you in any case.

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com