Re: Sun responds to questions on the DLJ

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 01:02:39AM -0700, Walter Landry wrote:
> What is key for Debian is for clarifications to go into the license,
> not the FAQ.

Please note that Walter does not speak for the Debian project, and is not
a developer, maintainer, or new-maintainer applicant, just a participant
on this mailing list.

I'd encourage Walter and others on this list to ensure that in
representing the interests of our users and the free software community,
that they take care to avoid misleading others into thinking their
individual opinions are the official opinions of the project, or that
differing opinions are not welcome.

Having clear and simple statements from copyright holders is important,
but it's also just one issue among many in promoting free software and
providing a functional and convenient system for our users.

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns -- Debian Project Leader