Re: Against DRM 2.0

On 5/21/06, Max Brown <max05001@yahoo.com> wrote:
 Max

 p.s.

 Software is not music. Software is not visual art.
 Software is a code, a literary work (and Berna Convention consider software
as a literary work).
 So software patents are unlogicall.

There are two prevaling views of software which I have seen. The view
that software is the opposite of hardware, anything which is in binary
format and the view that software is executable code. The former view
is the most inclusive and the one (in my understanding) held by DD's.
The latter is the one held by you. To better understand the former
view I recommend you read this article:
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/my_pubs/anarchism.html

Please know that I am not a Debian developer and do not represent the
views of the Debian project.

-David Mattli