Re: Against DRM 2.0

1. I'm sorry but I don't use IE and I have not that checkbox at the bottom...

2. I repeat: it's unlogical to value through a software definition a thing that is not software.
You can say: "I want value this music on the basis of this software definition". OK.
Also I can say: "I want value this wine on the basis of this water definition".
But the problem is that an image or a song is not software. For example, music concerns related rights (rights of executors and producers).
Your software definition say nothing about this (because software doesn't concern these important rights).

So you can logically value free music through a free content definition.
DFSG speak only about software, software and software.

Max

Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/20/06, Max Brown wrote:
> 1. Ok: how? I use "Yahoo! Mail".

Found on http://expita.com/nomime.html:
"If using IE (not available in Netscape and other browsers) when in
the "Compose" window, make sure "Plain" is selected rather than "Color
and Graphics". These two choices are a toggle switch. Clicking on one
activates it and turns off the other.
In any browser, also make sure the "Allow HTML tags" checkbox at the
bottom is NOT checked."

I gave up on Yahoo mail ages ago - I'm a Gmail user.

> 2. Yes, DSC is changed, but DFSG are the same! :-)
> DFSG speak only about software and you value every work on the basis of a
> software definition! It's unlogical.

No it's not.

Try running this:

wget http://www.debian.org/social_contract
cat social_contract | sed 's/software/work/' > social_contract_work.html

Then open up that file and read it again. It is perfectly logical.

> In this point of view, DSC v1 was logical and consistent; DSC v2 is
> unlogical and contradictory.

There is no DSC v2, it's DSC v1.1.

> I suggest a Debian Free Artwork Guidelines. ;-)

Why do we need them?

> 3. Question: is there a lawyer here??

AFAIK there are some who are occasional contributors. Most of us
aren't lawyers, we're just interested in law.

andrew