Re: Bacula license (was Re: Help Selecting License for Bacula Documentation

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>
> I suspect that this will not be considered a reasonable clause by most
> people on debian-legal.  It effectively says "As long as you use Bacula,
> you grant everyone in the world the right to use any or your copyrighted
> work in any GPLed program, and you grant eveyone in the world the right
> to use your trademark as a name or advertisement for any GPLed program."
> This can't be what was intended.

That's how I understand the clause too. Contaminates other software (DFSG 9).
I'm amazed it got into main. Serious bug.

Who wrote that horror and could they please not write licences again
until they fix that one?

--
MJR/slef