Re: Packages containing RFCs

> * Simon Josefsson:
>
>> text/xml2rfc
>
> From the debian/copyright file:
>
> | The software is released under the following license.  Note that the
> | output produced by xml2rfc may include more restrictive copyright
> | statements, to conform with ISOC and IETF requirements.  This is why
> | some of the compiled example files are shipped with nominally non-free
> | copyright statements, even though the conditions given below still
> | apply.
>
> And a typical BSD-style license follows.
>
> (Non-free material has already been removed from the distribution.)

Ah, thanks, I was just about to file a report about it.

Does the BSD-license apply to RFC 2629 (included in the package) as
well?  Presumably all contributors:

   The author gratefully acknowledges the contributions of: Alan
   Barrett, Brad Burdick, Brian Carpenter, Steve Deering, Patrik
   Faltstrom, Jim Gettys, Carl Malamud, Chris Newman, Kurt Starsinic,
   and, Frank Strauss.

would have to agree to that license too, if they contributed a
significant part of the document.

/Simon