Re: [Fwd: Re: gnome-themes and licensing]

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Some artists unhappy with the wording of the (L)GPL are looking for free
> art licenses, with or without copyleft. What would your recommendations
> for such licenses be? The BSD or Artistic licenses look fine for the
> latter case, but how about the former?

I'd actually suggest the MIT license instead of the 1,2,4 clause BSD,
and would question why people haev a problem with the GPL; there's
really no reason not to distribute a copyleft work under the GPL if
you actually want the freedom protection that a copyleft license
gives.

Basically, if the source code terms of the GPL cannot be satisfied,
Debian won't distribute it either, because the work does not have
source.

Don Armstrong

--
Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did, we'd be
running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and listening to