Re: Debian packaging and (possible) Eterm license violations

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 12:18:37AM -0500, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 23:10 -0500, Michael Poole wrote:
> > This kind of licensing conflict is a release-critical bug in the
> > package under Debian Policy.  The ideal solution for Debian is exactly
> > what you suggested in the bug comments: work with the upstream
> > maintainer to sort out license incompatibilities.  Poorer solutions
> > are to change just the Debian package by finding compatibly-licensed
> > alternatives or ripping out the conflicting code.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Please pardon my Debian-ignorance, but where is the correct place to
> "file this bug"?
Documentation is at:
  http://bugs.debian.org/

You should send an email to:
  submit@bugs.debian.org

with reasonable subject (title) and first line "Package: eterm" (other
lines may follow in that "pseudoheader").

Reference this thread in the bug:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2006/03/

Justin