Re: BOLA licence (darcsweb): free or not?

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 08:08:50PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> It seems DFSG-free to me but who knows?
> I don't like licenses, because I don't like having to worry about all this
> legal stuff just for a simple piece of software I don't really mind anyone
> using. But I also believe that it's important that people share and give back;
> so I'm placing darcsweb under the following license, so you feel guilty if you
> don't ;)
Uh oh, that may be a "claim that not donating is immoral, unethical,
illegal or something similar"!

> BOLA - Buena Onda License Agreement
> This work is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no
> event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of
> this work.
> To all effects and purposes, this work is to be considered Public Domain.
Some would complain that this doesn't give "explicit permission to
modify and/or distribute", and the typical suggestion is to use either
the MIT license (liberal) or GPLv2 (copyleft) as per preference.