Re: FYI: Savannah seems to reject "GPLv2 only" projects

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Francesco Poli wrote:
> it seems that Savannah won't accept a GPL'd project, if the author
> wants to release under GPLv2 only (that is, without dual-licensing
> under "any later version" of the GNU GPL).
>
> For the details about a real case (mine!), interested readers can dig
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5204
>
> Quote: "We cannot accept GPLv2 only".

Unfortunatly, the policies for the inclusion of a work on Savannah
aren't particularly apparent (or even agreed upon by the people
reviewing works for inclusion in Savannah.)

https://savannah.gnu.org/register/

doesn't list GPLv2 or later as a requirement, nor does it list GFDLed
documentation as a requirement either:

http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4303 is the news item
on it, apparently.

In any case, it's their server, their rules; good luck finding another
hosting location.

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored