Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

* olive (olive.lin@versateladsl.be) wrote:
> >Of course, the final authority on the meaning of a license would be the
> >Supreme Court (at least in the US).
>
> Debian is an international project and not a US project. I don't think
> that many non US Debian users or developer will be happy with that.
> Would you agree if a say that the final authority on the meaning of a
> license is the Belgian court (I am from Belgium)?

While Debian is an international project, the servers and developers
have to be located somewhere.  If there are infrastructure servers or
Debian developers working on the appropriate things in Belgium then
the opinion of the Belgian court might very well apply.

To think Debian, or international organizations in general, are above
all local laws/courts is clear folly.

	Enjoy,

		Stephen