Re: [Portaudio] Re: portaudio in Debian, license updates?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Ross Bencina wrote:
> [someone said]
> >Or, if the "request" clause is not removed from the license, I would
> >like to see it clarified as follows:
> >
> > Any person wishing to distribute modifications to the Software is
> > requested BUT NOT REQUIRED to send the modifications to the original
> > developer so that they can be incorporated into the canonical version.
>
> If we changed it to this would debian-legal be happy?

That would be fine; it's not absolutely essential so long as it's
clear that it's a non-binding request, and that you interpret it as a
non-binding request. [That said, if you're going to touch the license
at all, it would be a nice thing to clarify, or move out of the
license text itself.]

Don Armstrong

--
Q: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the
Experience of the Past Million Years?