Re: License of oui.txt file?

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:44:28PM -0700, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 16:25, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently packaging a program which uses the oui.txt file from
> >
> >   http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml
> >
> > I know that some other programs in Debian have such a file, too (e.g.
> > kismet, I think). However, I'm not sure if it can be used freely, I
> > couldn't find a license statement or something.
>
> It's simply a list of facts, so it's not copyrightable.

Hm, well, could be, but they're the single (authoritative?) source for
these facts (you could probably also consider any HOWTO and similar things
pure lists of facts, too, and HOWTOs _are_ copyrightable obviously),
so I figured I'd rather ask...

OK then, if nobody else complains, I'll go ahead and include the file in
the package.

Thanks, Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann